My dream is to have the theatrical production I’m working on to one day be performed in a theatre.
The show is called “PAIN: The Musical” and I aim for it to be the most inspirational theatrical production ever made.
I wholeheartedly believe that sometimes through music and theatre, hearts and lives can be positively changed.
Why? Why do I wish to do this?
1) One in five suffer from some form of chronic pain
2) Chronic pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide
3) The socioeconomic costs of chronic pain is three times that of all cancers combined
4) Its prevalence has doubled in the past 20 years, (and still on the rise) yet the human body has not changed
5) Billions of $$$ is spent on bandaid treatments
6) It is the primary cause of opioids dependency
7) A major contributing factor to Chronic pain is, IATROGENIC… meaning caused by the healthcare system… adding fear and false threatening information about their condition, further perpetuating the pain. Or worse, some feel dismissed by the healthcare system or feel unheard, which further magnifies the symptoms.
SOMETHING MUST CHANGE!!!
THOSE EXPERIENCING PERSISTEN PAIN MUST BE HEARD.
Sincerely, Bahram Jam, PT